Combat oily skin and slippery make-up this summer. We've searched high and low for the best cosmetic products that will energize your skin when the temperatures heat up.
1. Say goodbye to shiny skin. Your skin can appear oily in the warmer weather because the sebum - the natural oil that sits on the top of your skin but appears invisible in winter - intensifies. Splashing cool water on your face can get rid of it, but go easy on the cleansers: use a product that is gentle on the skin and limit use to morning and night.
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Running late for a business meeting and want to look fresh on arrival? Invest in a bottle of mist spray and keep in your bag.
3. Puffy eyes from the heat? Run an ice cube over your cheeks and eyelids: it will refreshen and tone your face straight away.
1. Cool down. If the mercury is on the rise as you roll out of bed, have a shower but make sure it's not too cold. Jumping into a cold shower first thing will actually make you sweat even more during the day. Lukewarm water will refreshen and you'll manage to stay cool until the evening.
2. Drink up! Make sure you guzzle at least 2 litres of water a day. Liven it up with a cup of tea (it cools you down!), and add a glass carrot and apple juice in the afternoon to keep your vitamin intake up.
3. Keep your beauty products in the fridge and stay extra cool.