Easy skincare tips for men
Do you want to take better care of your skin but just aren't sure where to begin? There's a confusing array of products and advice for caring for male skin. These skincare tips for men cover all the basics of establishing and maintaining a good skincare routine.
- Cleanse your skin morning and evening with a specifically designed face wash for your skin type (oily, dry or combination). This doesn't need to be expensive - you can pick up a good men's face scrub for around £5.
- Follow up with a moisturiser to prevent dry and flaky skin and keep your skin looking healthy and hydrated.
- When applying moisturiser, use small circular motions with your finger tips to massage your face and wake up your skin.
- To prevent ingrown hairs, always use a new razor blade and shave in the direction of hair growth, not against the grain.
- Facials aren't just for girls! A weekly steam treatment will clear your pores and help prevent spots. And the good news is that you don't have to go to the salon to get one! Just fill a large bowl with boiling water and lean over it with a towel over your head. The steam will open up your pores. Then clean and moisturise as normal.
- Always wear sunscreen or use a moisturiser with SPF factor in it - the sun can cause skin damage and premature ageing.
- Do you suffer from acne or periodic breakouts? Look for a spot busting product that contains salicylic acid to help dry out problem areas.