Top tips for male grooming
The last five years has really seen a surge of male grooming products hitting the market. So guys, there's no longer any excuse for leaving the house looking like a Neanderthal. Here are some top grooming tips for the modern man...
- Ditch the facial soap in favour of a deep cleaning scrub. A product like L'Oreal Men Expert Pure Matt Exfoliating Gel Wash (£6.05) has a built-in exfoliator, which will cleanse and polish your face at the same time.
- Alum blocks are perfect for any little razor nicks from that shaky morning shave. Legends of London sell handy "matchstick" versions for £1.
- Men's skin is naturally oilier than women's, and excess oil can lead to skin imperfections and enlarged pores. Keep the shine at bay with Skin Clean Shine Blotting Papers from Boots (£3.56).
- A dry scalp can lead to flakiness and dandruff. Leading trichologist Philip Kingsley has developed a special shampoo especially for dry itchy scalps. At £16.41 it's not cheap, but in our opinion it's one of the best on the market.
- Isn't it annoying when your fragrance fades after a couple of hours? CK One On-the-Go is a quick-fix for fragrant fade-outs. It's not much bigger than a credit card and can slot straight into your wallet.
- Keep your skin looking hydrated and youthful with a good moisturiser. Nivea For Men Sensitive Hydro Gel (£8.77) is a lightweight moisturiser that's easily absorbed. It's particularly good for men with stubble or facial hair because it doesn't leave a sticky residue.