Pamper yourself with a home pedicure
Our feet take a lot of beating from walking everyday, running errands and day-to-day business. One does not do anything about them till the weariness sets in, the corns and calluses develop, and the aches begin. But why not pamper your feet with a home pedicure and start giving them the attention they so rightly deserve? You don't have to go to spas or beauty saloons to do this but right in the comfort of your own homes.
Home remedies in 5 easy steps
Here are a few tips for a home pedicure that you can easily do.
1. Remove old polish on your nails to prep your feet and nails. Use acetone or any nail polish remover to take off nail polish on your toenails.
2. Pour warm water in a basin that is large enough to put your feet comfortably without squeezing them. For hygienic reasons, the basin must be used solely for your feet.
A foot spa or tub work wonders with lots of features such as built-in massage, heat treatment, jet spray and bubbles. Easy to use, just put anything you want in it and relax. The advantage of using a foot bath machine is that you don't have to go and replenish the water since it keeps the water warm at a temperature suitable to the feet.
If you don't have this option, use any basin. Add Epsom salt, sea salts or any bath salts. You can also add olive oil, lavender or eucalyptus or whatever you fancy. Soak your feet in the water for at least 10-15 minutes.
3. Exfoliate the skin on your feet. Use a scrubber or a pumice stone to slough off dead skin and remove calluses concentrating on the heel and the ball of the feet. Use a brush to give the nails a good scrubbing as well. Wash in between the toes to give your feet a squeaky feel.
4. Dry your feet with a towel and moisturise with a lotion for the feet. Trim nails and be careful not to clip the corners too much to avoid ingrown nails. Use a nail file as needed and push back cuticles.
5. Apply nail polish of your choice. Make sure to apply a base coating before putting on the main colour. People who don't like to wear nail polish can leave them as they are or put a colourless polish just to protect and fortify the nails.
Following it up
Make a habit of indulging your feet with a home pedicure. You'll be amazed at the huge difference it makes. You will feel better in a short time, the tiredness and aching instantly relieved contributing to overall positive disposition. These home remedies help in muscle relaxation and improve the blood circulation relieving fatigue and rejuvenating the feet. Your feet will look and feel better without spending lots of money.