How to get rid of spots
Are pesky spots getting you down? These tips and suggestions will help you to clear up those imperfections and achieve glowing, clear skin!
How to get rid of spots - common myths
- You can't catch spots off someone else
- Eating greasy food won't give you spots (although a healthy diet will leave your skin glowing)
How to get rid of spots - the products
A few good beauty products can help you to clear up those spots quickly and easily. No two people's skins are identical, so different products will work for different people. However, you should experiment with these types of products to help clear up your skin:
- A deep cleansing mask. Use it once or twice a week to unclog stubborn pores and give your skin a detox.
- A topical spot treatment. These are applied directly to the spot and help to reduce inflammation and clear the spot. Some people use a gel at night and a cream that can be worn under makeup for daytime.
- A good cleanser and toner. You can find cleansers and toners designed specifically for oily/problem skin.
- An oil free moisturiser - even oily skin can benefit from a good moisturising product.
- Oil absorbing wipes - these can be used throughout the day to press away excess oil and prevent build up.
How to get rid of spots - the good habits
The most important habit to get into is to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice a day, every day. Wash your skin after breakfast and about an hour before you go to bed. This will ensure that you're not too tired to complete the routine properly.
Always, always take your makeup off before you go to bed. Makeup can clog pores and cause break outs. Wear as little makeup as you can, or give your skin days off from makeup altogether.
Quick and simple things you can do to get rid of spots
- Don't touch your face unnecessarily - you'll be transferring bacteria from your hands
- Tie you hair back from your face
- Drink at least 2 litres of water per day
- Disinfect anything that touches your face e.g. your mobile phone and your make up brushes