Top tips for a clear complexion!
Does clear skin always seem out of reach? Does it feel like you've tried everything to achieve it? We all want, clear glowing skin that looks healthy and flawless - and there are a number of methods you can use to help.
These tips will help you on your way to banishing imperfections and achieving a clear complexion.
Tips for achieving a clear complexion
- Make up sponges and applicators can be a breeding ground for spot-causing bacteria. Clean yours thoroughly at least once a week and replace them every three months.
- Get into a good skin care routine: cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin twice daily. Even oily skin can benefit from a good oil-free moisturiser.
- Drink two litres of water a day. It's one of the quickest and easiest ways to improve your complexion and your overall health.
- Try not to touch your face - it can transfer bacteria from your hands to your face. Also make sure that everything that does touch your face (your pillow case, your mobile phone etc.) is cleaned regularly.
- Sweating clears your pores and helps to improve your complexion. Exercise regularly and aim to work up a sweat. Remember to cleanse thoroughly afterwards.
- Conditioners, hair sprays and hair serum can all clog your pores. Do your hair before you wash your face to avoid product build up.
- A weekly mud mask can provide deep cleaning and clear pores.
- Make sure you get enough sleep! As you sleep, your body works to rid itself of toxins. Aim for seven or eight hours per night.
Clear complexion myths debunked
- Chocolate doesn't cause spots, so don't feel guilty about treating yourself now and then!
- Harsh exfoliation doesn't clear spots - it can actually make problem skin worse
- Tight feeling skin doesn't mean clean skin, it means dry skin
- Don't put toothpaste on spots - it's much too harsh for skin and can cause damage and even scarring.